Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas!

Yes, I haven't posted since September.
I had to come back and wish each of you a very blessed Christmas.



Here is a brief catch-up.

Mr. H did splendidly with his knee surgery and is happy not to hobble any longer.
He was an A+ patient!

The animal world at our house still rocks with daily humor.
Finnegan signed my Christmas cards this year, ever the helper.

If you received one and there were any snarky comments in them,
please consider the source.

I signed all ur Christmas cards, K?


2011 was a difficult year.
The loss of my father-in-law,
little Scottie Baggins,
settling my mother-in-law with alzheimer's into her single life,
hubby's knee surgery.....
all took their toll on us.

My blogging had to take a step to the side.
I was going to stop all together,
but I miss having this voice from time to time.
Still pondering what to do, but it will be different.



While I have been on a blogging break,
I continued to read YOUR blogs.....I just became a lurker and didn't leave comments.
Thank you for all your posts that brightened my days!



We are grateful beyond words that my mother-in-law
is finally content with her part time caregiver (#4),
and is accepting and appreciating our care for her.
Didn't think we were going to get there!

Cereal Box Christmas Trees

I was in the mood to do some crafting in I don't know how long.
I made cereal box and pine cone Christmas trees.

Coming and Going

Oliver turned 13 in October!

Buzz is adorable and funny beyond words.

Snuggle Time

I still post pictures regularly on Flickr.
Hope this Christmas album embed works.



We are thankful for the endless mercies God has so tenderly given to us,
and for carrying us through 2011!!!!


foyer.jpg
Merry Christmas!

Love,
Lallee

12 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

How wonderful to see a new post from you!

Miss Victoria is currently in a snit. She wanted attention and I wanted to check my Google Reader (and I'm glad I did). :)

Merry Christmas! So glad things are settled a bit for you.

Mom Walds Place said...

Yes, it has been quite a year. Christmas Blessings to you and yours!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

So happy to see you back! You have been missed!

Glad you are "re-adjusting" and not quitting! I have slowed my posting down considerably too.

Merry Christmas!

Katherine

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

It was nice reading how things are with you; I think of you often.
Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!
:)
~Becca~

Miss Jean said...

It's so wonderful to see a new post from you!!! I check daily just in case. I hope you and your family have the most Blessed Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year.

Hugs
Jean and Maggie

Terra said...

Hi, your decorations are very lovely. This is my first visit here. Your Scotty dog is cute, of course!

Jemm said...

So good to see you post again! Merry Christmas to you and your home looks so beautiful all decorated for the holidays.

Mimi Sue said...

Missed your fun posts but truly understand when real life gets in the way of blog life! You've had a busy year! Hope you had a truly delightful Christmas. Mimi

Adrienne said...

Stopping by a little late with Christmas wishes. Hope you had a wonderful day. It's so good to see you here - I've missed you. Praying that God's grace will continue to sustain you and that you will have a New Year filled with more blessings than you can imagine!
~Adrienne~

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have thought about you so often and wondered how you were. It sure has been an eventful year for you but hopefully this coming year will bring some easier times. I'm so happy to hear your mother in law is accepting the help she needs. I know that's not an easy situation, and I'm very sorry about your father in laws passing. Happy holidays to you! I've missed you! Warm hugs from close by! Your friend, Diane ♥

Kathleen Grace said...

So glad to see you back Laura. I'm sorry it was a tough year, I pray this year will be better and blessed in so many ways!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Laura, not a week goes by that you aren't on my mind. Yes, you and your family went through a very rough year indeed. Baggins is always with you.

I so love seeing pictures of your lovely home and the babies. Wasn't Buzz the blessing you all needed....

love you,
Becky